Monday, February 20, 2012

Missing Enterprise Manager

I have a remote SQL 2000 server which I would like to use the Enterprise
Manager on. The admin said he installed the default options when he
originally installed the SQL. I'm remoting in using Terminal Services so I
just need it available on the server.
Is there an easy way to get Enterprise Manager on there without having to
put a CD in the local computer which I don't have immediate access to?
Thanks.
No there isnt unless the snapin (MMC) has to be registered within the
installation process, sorry.
Perhaps there is a manual way of registering it, but that wouldnt be that
nice, due to unpredictable side effects.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"Adam" <Adam@.discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:626D4463-24E8-402C-A041-D1AAE14421C0@.microsoft.com...
>I have a remote SQL 2000 server which I would like to use the Enterprise
> Manager on. The admin said he installed the default options when he
> originally installed the SQL. I'm remoting in using Terminal Services so
> I
> just need it available on the server.
> Is there an easy way to get Enterprise Manager on there without having to
> put a CD in the local computer which I don't have immediate access to?
> Thanks.
|||So can I have the CD inserted and just install the Enterprise manager without
messing up the rest of my install?
Thanks.
"Jens Sü?meyer" wrote:

> No there isn′t unless the snapin (MMC) has to be registered within the
> installation process, sorry.
> Perhaps there is a manual way of registering it, but that wouldn′t be that
> nice, due to unpredictable side effects.
> --
> HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
> --
> http://www.sqlserver2005.de
> --
> "Adam" <Adam@.discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:626D4463-24E8-402C-A041-D1AAE14421C0@.microsoft.com...
>
>
|||You are right, as far as you are only installing the client tools, there
will be no change on SQL Server.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"Adam" <Adam@.discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:1B89192F-931B-4FB7-BD73-36744F6A9780@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> So can I have the CD inserted and just install the Enterprise manager
> without
> messing up the rest of my install?
> Thanks.
> "Jens Smeyer" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment