Saturday, February 25, 2012

Missing Information with Cross Tab Expert

I am using a Cross Tab Expert to display coverage information about auto insurance policies. In the SQL that is used, there is a Coverage Column and an Option Column. If the Coverage is Comprehensive and the Option is Full Glass, I am to print "Comprehensive - Full Glass", otherwise, print "Comprehensive". That works fine, if the first vehicle in the group has Full Glass.

Is there a way I can programatically add a new row one car has Full Glass, but the other doesnt, so row 1 will print "Comprehensive" and have the Car 1 value, and row 2 will print "Comprehensive - Full Glass" and have the Car 2 value?

Thanks!!
MichaelNot quite sure why you are a using a crosstab, but here goes:

Set up the crosstab by customer and, the next level lower, by car. Thus, if I had four cars, I would have four rows, sorted based on the type of coverage as you describe. If I had but two cars, both with the same level f coverage, only the two would print.

No comments:

Post a Comment