Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Model for Report Builder

I made a model for report builder and I am limited to selecting from 2 tables I have one main table table1 with a PK to FK with table2 - table12. I am limited to only going 2 levels deep is this right? How can I correct this or work around it. I tried building a view, but have never had to do so with so many joins it this possible or do I have to break things up?

I'm not sure I understand the limitation you are hitting. Are you seeing problems during model design or in Report Builder after you publish the model?

|||I have one main table with PK and several tables with a FK to the main table. After building my model I am limited to select only from the main table and one other table, the ths most I can grab from is 2 tables.|||

I'm not aware of any existing issues like this. Here's a few things you could double check:

- The entities in the model that correspond to the "other" tables all have IsLookup=false and Hidden=false

- The roles in the model from the main entity to the "other" entities all have Cardinality=OptionalMany

- I assume you are using Model Designer to build the model against a SQL database, not generating the model from an Analysis Services cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment