Friday, March 30, 2012

modify ALIAS SQL Server Name with SQL 2005

Hello,

I would like create/modify/update the alias SQL server name on the SQL 2005 version.

I had a database mirroring on one base, and when the primary server fail, i would like my secondary alias become as the primary. I need this because of the application whom use my SQL server.

I tried with

sp_dropserver <old_name>
GO
sp_addserver <new_name>, local
GO

But this way doesn't work...

Anyone got an idea to change alias SQL server in transact?

Thanks for your help!!!

Hello,

I've found my answer on this site

http://blogs.developpeur.org/christian/archive/2006/11/04/SQL-Server-_3A00_-Alias-de-serveurs.aspx

We can change the alias SQL Server 2005 directly in the registry.

See u ;)

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment