Friday, March 30, 2012

Modifing values from one database to another

I have several databases in a merge replication.
there are two servers linked so i can send data from one to the other. I
mean Server Fenix is linked to Neptune. Neptune is replicating an Feniz is
the Replicator.
When one table in one of the remote computers is changed the trigger make
price =0. This trigger is NOT FOR REPLICATION, because it was causing to many
conflicts before, because it also executed a Store Procedure that change the
Price to some value.
My problem is that I have a store procedure that once this price=0 it has to
delete some data in one databes of NEPTUNE that is not being replicated.
The problem is that I get an error message saying:
SERVER NEPTUNE IS NOT CONFIGURED FOR DATA_ACCESS
So I try to link Neptun to one of those remote machines, but it is not
posible because they are replicating, I guess...
The way I try to reach Neptune si:
DELETE [NEPTUNE].LABORATORIO.DBO.TABLAPUNTOSCOMPRA
WHERE...
I do not know if this is too confusing...
Thanks a lot if some one can help me,
Lina
try this. sp_serveroption 'Neptune', 'data access',true
or
sp_serveroption 'Neptune', 'data access','true'
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Lina Manjarres" <LinaManjarres@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:81870ED4-8413-46A0-A522-9E43B586F41C@.microsoft.com...
>I have several databases in a merge replication.
> there are two servers linked so i can send data from one to the other. I
> mean Server Fenix is linked to Neptune. Neptune is replicating an Feniz is
> the Replicator.
> When one table in one of the remote computers is changed the trigger make
> price =0. This trigger is NOT FOR REPLICATION, because it was causing to
> many
> conflicts before, because it also executed a Store Procedure that change
> the
> Price to some value.
> My problem is that I have a store procedure that once this price=0 it has
> to
> delete some data in one databes of NEPTUNE that is not being replicated.
> The problem is that I get an error message saying:
> SERVER NEPTUNE IS NOT CONFIGURED FOR DATA_ACCESS
> So I try to link Neptun to one of those remote machines, but it is not
> posible because they are replicating, I guess...
> The way I try to reach Neptune si:
> DELETE [NEPTUNE].LABORATORIO.DBO.TABLAPUNTOSCOMPRA
> WHERE...
> I do not know if this is too confusing...
> Thanks a lot if some one can help me,
> Lina
|||Thank you, Hilary.
I have this two sentences inside the store procedure and they do no work.
exec sp_serveroption 'NEPTUNO','data access','true'
EXEC sp_serveroption 'NEPTUNO', 'collation compatible', 'true'
"Hilary Cotter" wrote:

> try this. sp_serveroption 'Neptune', 'data access',true
> or
> sp_serveroption 'Neptune', 'data access','true'
>
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "Lina Manjarres" <LinaManjarres@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:81870ED4-8413-46A0-A522-9E43B586F41C@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment