Friday, March 30, 2012

Modified image filegroup never get saved

I'm testing out the SQL Server 2005 filegroup for Text/Image Filegroup.
Problem:
I created a table and gave the properties "Text/Image Filegroup" the
value of the secondary filegroup, gave the properties "Filegroup or
Partition Scheme Name" the value of primary file group. After I save
it. Then I open it for edit again, the value of the properties
"Text/Image Filegroup" was not showing secondary, instead, it show
primary.
I'd try a few times to change it, from primary to secondary, then save.
After that open for modify again, it still revert back to primary
filegroup. Seems like the changes I made to that particular properties
can't be saved.
Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance.
wodoy.peterHi
"wodoy.peter" wrote:
> I'm testing out the SQL Server 2005 filegroup for Text/Image Filegroup.
>
Which version of SQL 2005 are you using?
> Problem:
> I created a table and gave the properties "Text/Image Filegroup" the
> value of the secondary filegroup, gave the properties "Filegroup or
> Partition Scheme Name" the value of primary file group. After I save
> it. Then I open it for edit again, the value of the properties
> "Text/Image Filegroup" was not showing secondary, instead, it show
> primary.
I assume this was through SSMS? As far as I can see there is not a way of
specify a different location for an image column is to script the table.
Where were you changing it? Table properties for text filegroup is readonly
in SSMS (on my version (SP1))
> I'd try a few times to change it, from primary to secondary, then save.
> After that open for modify again, it still revert back to primary
> filegroup. Seems like the changes I made to that particular properties
> can't be saved.
Creating the table with T-SQL seems to be ok!
> Anyone can help?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> wodoy.peter
>
John|||I'm using SQL Server 2005 SP1 developer edition.
The complete version name and number: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -
9.00.2047.00
Is there any reason behind MS make the properties editable in user
interface only, but infact, it can't be saved/changed through the
SSMS?
wodoy.peter
On Jan 28, 2:26 am, John Bell <jbellnewspo...@.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> "wodoy.peter" wrote:
> > I'm testing out the SQL Server 2005 filegroup for Text/Image Filegroup.Which version of SQL 2005 are you using?
> > Problem:
> > I created a table and gave the properties "Text/Image Filegroup" the
> > value of the secondary filegroup, gave the properties "Filegroup or
> > Partition Scheme Name" the value of primary file group. After I save
> > it. Then I open it for edit again, the value of the properties
> > "Text/Image Filegroup" was not showing secondary, instead, it show
> > primary.I assume this was through SSMS? As far as I can see there is not a way of
> specify a different location for an image column is to script the table.
> Where were you changing it? Table properties for text filegroup is readonly
> in SSMS (on my version (SP1))
>
> > I'd try a few times to change it, from primary to secondary, then save.
> > After that open for modify again, it still revert back to primary
> > filegroup. Seems like the changes I made to that particular properties
> > can't be saved.Creating the table with T-SQL seems to be ok!
>
> > Anyone can help?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > wodoy.peterJohn|||Hi
"wodoy.peter" wrote:
> I'm using SQL Server 2005 SP1 developer edition.
> The complete version name and number: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -
> 9.00.2047.00
> Is there any reason behind MS make the properties editable in user
> interface only, but infact, it can't be saved/changed through the
> SSMS?
This would be one for the program group! I would guess one reason would be
because once the table has data it would be a very expensive thing to change
which could cause severe problems. But then if there is no data in the table
I don't see why it can't be changed. You may want to log this at
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback
John|||Thanks.
On Jan 28, 4:06 pm, John Bell <jbellnewspo...@.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> "wodoy.peter" wrote:
> > I'm using SQL Server 2005 SP1 developer edition.
> > The complete version name and number: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -
> > 9.00.2047.00
> > Is there any reason behind MS make the properties editable in user
> > interface only, but infact, it can't be saved/changed through the
> > SSMS?This would be one for the program group! I would guess one reason would be
> because once the table has data it would be a very expensive thing to change
> which could cause severe problems. But then if there is no data in the table
> I don't see why it can't be changed. You may want to log this athttps://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback
> John

No comments:

Post a Comment